Saturday, 30 August 2014

Pretty in Pink

Hi Everyone,

Today I'm sharing a birthday card I created to join in with the latest challenge over at the pan pastel blog - pink, pink and more pink:

I used my new Paperartsy JOFY26 stamp plate. I stamped the background images with second generation pumice stone distress ink, the main image and the sentiment is stamped in black versafine and coloured using spectrum noir pencils.

To finish off I added some faux stitching around the edges before mounting to my card blank.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Claire xx


Sunday, 24 August 2014

First Time Face Tag


Today I have attempted something I've never tried before - drawing a face......I deliberated long and hard whether to blog this or not but have decided I have nothing to lose by sharing lol!

So Clare Lloyd draws the most wonderful quirky faces - mine is an attempt at one of hers that was on the Paperartsy blog earlier this week:

I took a manila tag and gave it a quick coat of chalk fresco paint. Then after practising on scrap paper I just went for it - unfortunately my slightly stern looking lady is a little off centre but never mind, I just carried on!

I gave her skin a coat of vanilla and added depth using blush, rose and a tiny touch of toffee. For her hair I used haystack and toffee.

The background is a wash of spanish mulberry which I over stamped with a quote from a Lin Brown set and the flourish from a hot picks set using distress inks in seedless preserves and rusty hinge.

I really enjoyed drawing her and hopefully if I keep practising faces I can start improving!

Thanks for stopping by today,

Claire xx


Saturday, 23 August 2014

Colourful Journal Page

Hi Everyone,


I'm here today to share a journal page with you that I created after seeing Linda Cain's pages over on the Paperartsy blog HERE

So I don't usually do art journaling but it is something I really want to do more often so I took out a brand new journal and here's my take on Linda's pages:


I started by stamping the flowers from the new Darcy plate (EDY10) then used masking fluid to protect them. Next I sponged all the colours onto the background, I used mermaid, bora bora, guacamole, pansy and spanish mulberry.

I stamped the background flowers and leaves from ELB01 in chalk and then over stamped the leaves with tinned peas. I added some highlights to the leaves with my white posca pen. I stencilled the bubbles from PS001 using lake wanaka. I then rubbed off all the masking fluid, I had to go over the stamping here as some of it had been covered by the opaque paint. I gave the flowers and stems a tiny bit of colour and the bubbles a shadow with some spectrum noir pencils.

Finally I stamped the quote from ELB05 onto a blue card die cut, edged with spainish mulberry and black pen and added it to the page.

Hope you're all enjoying the bank holiday weekend if you're in England!


Claire xx


Sunday, 10 August 2014

Paperartsy New JOFY Stamps

Hi Everyone,
I'm back home now after my six months working away so am back to creating and blogging!
So to celebrate my return home I treated myself to some of the new Paperartsy releases.
To join in with this weeks challenge HERE I created this card inspired by Sue Carrington's make this week. I used the new JOFY plate 26 and also the new limited edition paints for autumn - turquoise, cherry red, chalk and slate:

Thanks for stopping by, hopefully there will be lots more activity on my blog from now on :-)
Love Claire x

Friday, 18 April 2014

Snazzy's Save The Date Notepad

Hello Everyone,

Today I'm sharing my second design team make for Snazzys using the gorgeous Teresa Collins Save The Date collection.

Here's a little snippet for you but please do hop over to the Snazzy's blog to see it in full and also to see what my teamies have been up to with this kit!

Have a lovely Easter weekend, love Claire xxx


Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Save the Date for Snazzys

Hello everyone,

Happy to have you pop along to my blog today:-)

Today over on the Snazzys Design Team blog I'm sharing an altered hanger using the Teresa Collins Save The Date collection HERE

Here's a little sneak peek of this gorgeously girly creation!

Thanks for popping by today!

Love Claire x


Saturday, 29 March 2014

Hel's Sunday Stamper is 300!

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone is well and busy with imaginative and wonderful crafting projects this weekend :-)

I have created a tag to join in with Hel's 300th Sunday Stamper:

This was my first gelatos attempt - I think I might need to practice a bit more with them as I'm not sure how I really feel about them just yet.
So I took my tag and smeared various gelatos colours onto it and blended them. I continued like this for quite a while, adding bits of colour here and there - I started using a baby wipe to blend them as I found this easier.
Once I was happy with my background I added the stamping - all using black archival.  The sentiment (with the required word - dream) is from Andy Skinner, the woman image is from Inkylicious and the decorative swirls is the end of some hair on an Indigo Blue stamp.
I added a little colour to the woman's lips and eyes and just to finish highlighted her eye with a white paint pen.

You can pop over HERE to visit Hel's and to see the birthday candy up for grabs!

Thanks for stopping but today,
Claire x