Sunday 27 May 2012

Balloon Challenge

So I found myself a lovely new blog to follow yesterday: Crafty Cardmakers, they have some really beautiful cards on there, full of inspiration.
The challenge over there this week is to create a birthday card with a balloon on it - more details of the challenge can be found here.

Here is the card I made to join in the challenge:


The balloon stamp is from hero arts (I think it's called flying airships?), I covered up the sentiment that was along the bottom of the stamp with a post it note.  I then stamped the image again onto some papermania red gingham paper and cut out the balloon and stuck that on.
The background paper was trimmed to size, it is also from papermania, and I used the waltzing mouse say it loud stamps to create the sentiment in the bottom corner. 
Some red twine wrapped and knotted was added and the balloon was stuck on with foam pads.


I hope you have a nice day, I'm off outside to the garden to enjoy the sunshine while it lasts!

Claire x

3 comments:

  1. Fab card! Your stamp is great and i love the way your bakers twine matches the balloon :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE your CAS design and the pop of red in your balloon! Thanks for joining my balloon challenge at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like what you've done here Claire.I don't usually like bakers twine much but this could change my mind as it finishes this piece perfectly. Thank you for following me and I'm now your newest follower.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete