Sunday 25 November 2012

Blue with a dash of silver

It's the second ever monthly challenge over on the splodge away blog - the theme this time is silver and blue.  All the details for the challenge can be found HERE

So here is my card entry for the challenge:

 
I used my splodge mat and splodge away card to create the background using my brayer and an andirondak inkpad in denim.  I stamped the bauble stamp by indigo blu using black versafine, I stamped it again onto a second piece of card and cut the baubles out and rounded them using the end of a pen.  I layered the rounded baubles onto the main image using foam pads.  I them stamped the sentiment which is from papermania/do crafts.  I mounted the card front onto black card and tied some blue ribbon to the right hand side before mounting it onto my card blank.  Finally I added some quickie glue and glamour dust to the snowflakes and baubles for that little touch of Christmassy bling!
 
So there you go, I hope you like it - it certainly brightened up my day what with all this rain!
 
Thanks for looking,
Claire x



3 comments:

  1. Claire this is a lovely card so crisp and fresh. I will be sad when christmas is over and the lovely blue and silver cards dissapear for a year. thank you for joinin gthe challenge and good luck.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty card Claire and thanks for joining in our challenge on the splodgeaway blog and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire I found your entry, I am not sitting next to you at the next class, you are too good. This is so pretty and such a professional job. Will meet you at your blog for chat! Sam

    ReplyDelete