Monday 29 April 2013

Clean and Simple Butterflies & An Award!



Hi Everyone,

Today I have a clean and simple style card to share with you, it's an RSVP card I made to respond to a wedding invitation.


I cut various sizes of hearts using a Nellie Snellen die set and coloured them with peacock feathers distress ink.  I used the water stamping technique to stamp the butterfly onto the hearts and then over stamped with the peacock feathers ink.

I cut a square panel and wrapped some green organza ribbon around it, then stuck the hearts on in a random arrangement.  I mounted this panel to a 6x6 scalloped card blank using foam pads.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
  • Less Is More - Week 117 - Sketch.  Click HERE for all the challenge details
  • Country View Crafts Challenge Blog - Butterflies.  Click HERE for details of the challenge
  • Technique Time Tuesday - Water Stamping.  All the challenge details can be found HERE

Last week the lovely Avril aka Mrs B gave me a Liebster Award!


This award is designed for blogs that have less than 200 followers.  Once the award has been accepted, the idea is to pay it forward to 5 other blogs that you like to read and follow, and hopefully encourage others to visit, read and follow them too.
To accept the award you have to ......
Thank the person who gave it to you, and link back to their blog
Post the award on your blog
Give the award to 5 other Bloggers, with less than 200 followers and leave a comment on their blogs telling them they've been nominated.
So thank you again Avril for the award and please take a few minutes to browse the blogs of the ladies above!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Claire 

15 comments:

  1. Lovely to see a CAS card using the waterstamping technique, and so beautifully done too. The organza ribbon is such a pretty touch. Thanks for playing along with us at Technique Time Tuesday
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty card - so elegant, but with such depth to the colours and details in the hearts. Congrats on the award!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely RSVP card.

    Thank you so much for the Liebster award

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty hearts... they look terrific!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Claire, this is so gorgeous, love the hearts, the way you stamped the butterflies and the wonderful layout of your card. Many congrats on your award too! It is such a lovely feeling to receive one. Thank you for thinking of me, I have emailed you direct. Big hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks AMAZING! Fabulous use of the water stamping technique--gorgeous outcome! Thanks for joining us at TTT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stampting technique - the hearts look fab :)
    Helen T (LiM No. 88)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card - love the stamping effect, very pretty!!
    Hugs Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Firstly Claire, I love those hearts you've made - gorgeous! It works so well to have the different sizes too. Clean, crisp and beautiful.
    Thank you so much for suggesting my name for the Leibster blog award, it's really kind of you. To be honest, before I was in hospital in February, two other ladies did the same for me and I haven't done anything about it yet - thanks for reminding me!! If you would prefer to let someone else benefit, I completely understand but just let me know. I've got a post due to go out tomorrow and I'll put it at the bottom of that. You can always email me as there is a link to do so on my blog and I don't mind at all!
    Hugs, Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the colour you used and the techinque turned out wonderfully. Thanks for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday, hope to see you again in May :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful stamping - I had never thought to use it as a way to embellish embellishments - thanks so much for sharing.
    Thank you so much for joining us at TTTC for the water stamping challenge! We really appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to 'play' along with us and hope to see you again Karen P Technique Time Tuesday Crew http://stampinginpink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very pretty! I love the blue that you chose and the stamping looks great on those hearts! Thank you so much for joining us at Technique Time Tuesday! I hope to see you next month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those hearts, great use of the waterstamping. Clever idea to use it on the embellishments. Thank you for joining us at TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty use of the butterflies, thanks for joining us at country view crafts challenge trace x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Claire! Thank you so much for the award - sorry I've been so slow replying to you! I will have to have a good look around at blogland and find some wonderfull people to pay it forward to! I will proudly display the award on my blog later on in the week when I can forward it on!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete