Tuesday 10 September 2013

Autumnal Card

Hi Everyone

Today I would like to share a very autumnal feeling card I made.




I created my card my using distress inks in the following colours on my background: Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge and Fired Brick.  I then used the same colours to stamp the background tape measure stamp from DoCrafts.  Next I added the crackle stamp by IndigoBlu.  The letters and numbers are by Paperartsy and were stamped in Spiced Marmalade.  Next I used black archival to stamp the flower, hand and sentiment all from Paperartsy.  I coloured the flower using slightly watered down Smoked Paprika Fresco Finish paint and the hand was done in the same way but with Snowflake paint.  I flicked water at the card and blotted to create some more interest on the background too.
Finally I matted the piece onto brown cardstock before attaching to a 8x8 card blank.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges:
  • Paperartsy - inspired by Alison, click here for all the details
  • The Artistic Stamper - autumn challenge, click here for the challenge details
  • Country View Crafts - this months challenge is layers, all the details can be found here
Thanks for stopping by today, Claire xx

10 comments:

  1. I love the glowing autumnal colours - and great spatter effects in the background - and the tinting of the flower looks so vivid and pretty. Thank you so much for playing along - at PaperArtsy, and at The Artistic Stamper!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Claire, I love this card! The colours are stunning and it looks so mixed media! Hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, autumnal feel to this card. I love how vivid and warm it looks. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great background to this autumnal card - colours are just right. Thanks for following my blog - just added my name to your followers too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful inking and the colours simply glow Clare! Love it!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colour scheme and the layers, striking design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning! I love your colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous autumnal project

    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layered inking and stamping! And those colours are just stunning. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at Country View Crafts this month.

    ReplyDelete