Monday 14 October 2013

Halloween Tag

Hi everyone!

Today I would like to share a tag that I created to join in with a couple of different challenges:







So I love Halloween but I don't really have any stamps that go with it - but I did come across this little set from Woodware which I've never opened - so thought it was a good opportunity to give them a try!

I used a size 10 manilla tag from Ranger for my base.  I covered this with Paperartsy Fresco Finish paints in haystack, mocha mousse, smoked paprika and pumpkin seed.  Next I mixed some Paperartsy Grunge Paste with little black dress Fresco Finish and spread it through the tornado Andy Skinner stencil.  Once this was dry I sanded around all the egdes of  the tag and then inked with vintage photo distress ink.  I then used spiced marmalade distress ink through a Splodgeaway mask to add the abstract lettering background.  I stamped the witch face onto card, coloured her with promarkers and fussy cut her then added her to the tag.  I stamped the other images from the Woodware stamp set onto the tag using black versafine ink.
Next I coloured some grunge board letters and a skull with a black promarker and added them to the tag too.  Finally I added a spider charm to a piece of wire - added this to a piece of black ribbon - and tied through the top of the tag.

I would like to enter my tag in the following challenges:

  • Our Creative Corner - Halloween tag with surface texture, click here for challenge details
  • Artful Times - Feeling distressed, all the details can be found here
  • Country View Crafts - Something spooky, all the challenge details can be found here
  • The Octopode Factory Friday Challenge - Witches, click here for details
Thanks for stopping by today,

Claire x

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag Claire, great vibrant colour but I love that black swirl, it looks fab

    Thanks for playing along with AT this week - Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the vibrant colours and the Andy stencil looks fab. Thanks for joining us at the Octopode factory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colour of your tag Claire, the tornado stencil really stands out well and the little spooky elements are lovely. Thanks for joining in our October challenge at Our Creative Corner. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I'm loving what you've done with the Andy stencil too - he'd love that. Great take on my challenge at Our Creative Corner this month. Thanks so much for joining us.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag - love that orange & terrific texture!!
    Ann-R x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely fun tag with such bright contrasting colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times - Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous tag! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this month - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete