Saturday 9 November 2013

Paperartsy Hanging

Hi Everyone
 
Today I would like to share a hanging I made:
 
 
 
 
My hanging is a 6x6 piece of mountboard.  I started by covering the mountboard with a piece of BoBunny newsprint paper.  I then added Paperartsy Fresco paint with a babywipe - I used Eggplant, French Roast and South Pacific.  I chose these colours as they are all translucent and would allow the newsprint to show through.  Next I added Grunge Paste mixed with French Roast and Mocha Mousse through a SplodgeAway stencil.  I created peaks on the Grunge Paste with my spatula to add further texture.  Next I took the cog stencil, also from SplodgeAway, and used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to create the cog background.  On a separate piece of card I stamped the sentiment in black versafine ink, I tore this and then inked with Vintage Photo and Tattered Rose distress.   
I stamped the image of the clock/lady three times onto card.  I cut one out in full and coloured using distress inks.  I cut the wings from the second image and coloured with distress inks, I curled the wings and added them to the first image.  On the third image I just cut the clock face out, coloured with distress and mounted onto the base image using foam pads.  I added glossy accents to the clock face to make it look it look like glass.  All the stamps were from the Paperartsy Ink and Dog ID10 plate.  Next I added two eyelets to the mountboard, curled some wire around a paintbrush add added it through the eyelets.  I then added the sentiment and the clock to the hanging.  I used Treasure Gold White Fire to highlight most of the hanging - it was added to the Grunge Paste, around the edges of the mountboard, on the wings of the butterflies and around the sentiment.
 
I would like to enter my hanging in the following challenges:
  • Paperartsy - Inspired by Alison - click HERE for challenge details
  • Our Creative Corner - Tic Tac Toe - I chose the line with texture, wire and letters, click HERE for all the challenge details
  • Country View Crafts Challenges - the challenge here is letters - click HERE for all the details
Thanks for stopping by today,
Claire x
 

8 comments:

  1. Your hanging is absolutely stunning, Claire!

    I love the wire and that worn looking background so much! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful make with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is so lovely, so many details, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of the stencil - and the translucent paints over the newsprint look great. Thanks so much for joining in over at PaperArtsy and at Our Creative Corner.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Claire that's a beautiful hanging. Love the colours you've used and you are clearly an accomplished stenciller. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic hanging and such a fabulous sentiment! Love the colours you have used too, great steampunk creation!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous hanging Claire and I just love that background print peeping through! Great colours and fab stencil work. It's also nice to be able to read how you made your piece - I'm a great fan of that as you know!
    Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner for this challenge.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great hanging Clare...I so love this style. TFS Crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful hanging Clare. I love the way you have used your stencils and transluscent paints over the newsprint paper - it looks fabulous. Thanks for sharing your hanging with us at Country View Crafts Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete