Thursday 28 November 2013

Paperartsy - Inspired by Jo Myhill

Hello Everyone,

Today I want to share a project I made following a project by Jo Myhill I saw over on the Paperartsy blog *HERE*




My project started as a 6x6 piece of mountboard, I scraped Fresco paint onto the mountboard - Elephant and Mermaid.  Next I mixed some Grunge Paste with Old Gold Fresco paint and a sprinkling of gold glitter and spread this onto the board randomly.  While that was drying I cut out the three hearts using a Paperartsy die and painted them with Little Black Dress, next I added Crackle Glaze and then once dry I painted the hearts with Irish Cream.  I stamped over the hearts with black versafine ink and the Mini 73 stamp then edged them with Vintage Photo.  Now the Grunge Paste mix was dry - the Old Gold hadn't really shown through totally so I used Renaissance Treasure Gold all over then added touches of White Fire here and there.  Next I tore a piece of vintage music sheet that had a list of songs on it and edged with Vintage Photo and added it over the Grunge Paste.  Then I added the three hearts together using foam pads to give a bit of extra dimension.  Finally I edged around the outside of the mountboard with Vintage Photo to tone everything in.

I would like to enter my piece in the following challenges:

  • Paperartsy - Inspired by Jo Myhill, click HERE for details
  • Sunday Stamper - Fields of Gold, click HERE for details
Thanks for stopping by today, please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you popped by!

Claire x

10 comments:

  1. ohhh love those hearts, totally yummy they could be used on so many projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The colour, the texture and those hearts are gorgeous. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, loving those textures ... thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab - my daughter would especially love this ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great, Claire, so textural!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many lovely textures! This is a feast for the eyes! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gilding and beautiful shabby chic look!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Treasure gold looks fabulous on your texture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've kept these quiet, I likie!

    ReplyDelete