So I've actually made a start on some Christmas cards!
I bought this stamp a couple of weeks ago at the GNPE show in Harrogate and wanted to try it out with a few different colour variations:
For each card I stamped the image twice and then cut out the oval and holly leaves and layered them over the second stamped image using foam pads.
The first one was stamped with imperial purple versafine and heat embossed with cosmic shimmer embossing powder (can't remember which one right now!). It's hard to see the embossing in the photo but it catches the light beautifully in real life. This was finished with a dusting of shaded lilac distress ink and icicle stickles.
The second one was stamped using olympia green versafine, ink dusted with vintage photo distress ink and glittered with glamour dust. The holly leaves were coloured using distress markers.
The third one was stamped using vintage sepia versafine . Again I added glamour dust inside the oval and coloured the holly leaves with distress markers. It was coloured with ink dusters using vintage photo and fired brick distress inks. To finish this one off I added some brown ribbon down the left hand side.
Not really sure which one I like best - perhaps the third one.....
Well at least I've made a start now! Three done, many more to go......