Sunday 5 January 2014

Feeling Blue?


Hello Everyone!

Today I would like to share a card with you:




This card was really difficult to photograph as the light kept bouncing back at the camera due to the white embossing!
To create my card I took a couple of pieces of white card - one piece I inked all over using Chipped Sapphire distress ink.  The other piece I covered with a variety of stamps from Chocolate Baroque, I used perfect medium to stamp them and then embossed with Stampendous white detail powder.  I then inked up this card with distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and a touch of Chipped Sapphire around the edges.  I then cut this piece into three sections and mounted them onto the first piece of card.  I stamped the happy birthday sentiment from a Paperartsy JOFY set and added the two little pearls before finally adding to a card blank.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:
  • Artful Times - Shades of Blue, click HERE for details
  • Pan Pastel Challenge - Anything Goes, click HERE for details
  • Just Us Girls - Sketch challenge, click HERE for the challenge and see below for the sketch


Thanks for dropping by today, Claire x

14 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Claire. As you say, the photo doesn't show up the detail well and I struggled to find the happy Birthday. Very carefully and beautifully executed. Well done. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - great detailed embossing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love the depth you have achieved on those panels and the way the white just pops. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shades of blue, and I love all of the white embossing! Great take on the challenge sketch. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty, Claire - the white embossed flowers look just amazing!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embossing you have done, it really does look good cut into three and remounted.
    Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - it's such a beautiful card - i love the white embossing flowers! Great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful card Claire and so good to have you share it with us ar Artful Times

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pleasing to the eye :)
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Artful Times
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card with great embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour on this and the lovely contrast with the white embossing.. I wish I knew a way to prevent that reflection problem with shiny things like embossing and acetate; it does make photography so very difficult, doesn't it? Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the same problem the other day photographing my card with white embossing on it. Your card came out beautiful though! We so appreciate you playing along with us over at Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful Claire! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeus card Claire, the white embossing looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete