Tuesday 10 February 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 4

I'm a smidge behind with the DLP but am hoping to catch up soon!!
Here is my take on the Week 4 challenge - this week the theme was:
Art Challenge: Writing
Journal Prompt: Words with Friends
I made this page about my sister - Tara.
The photo is from a trip to Liverpool we took together and had such a good time.
I started the page by writing out a whole page of 'stuff' about Tara - I had hoped some of the handwriting would still show through at the end but I seem to have obliterated it with paint!
Here is how the page started out - all the paints are Paperartsy Fresco Finish paints, the background colours are two new releases - Caribbean Sea and Bourganvialla added using a baby wipe:
Next I added some stamping using a set from Inkylicious and Cornflower Blue archival and Versafine Smokey Grey:
The quote and 'my sister' sentiment I cut out from the front of a birthday card Tara gave me which I thought was appropriate! Also the little crystal heart in the bottom corner was on the card so I prised that off and added it also.
I added some black scribbly pencil with a Stabilo All pencil and added water, I also added tiny doodles around the page with black and white pens.
Finally I added a few chit chat stickers from Tim Holtz with a little black pen around them to help them stand out.
Do pop over to the Art From The 5th Blog HERE to check out other challenges and to see the beautiful sample pages over there.
Claire x


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page Claire, great colours and stamps. Might have just bought that Inkylicious stamp plate last Friday from local craft show.

    Glad you enjoying DLP :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete