Sunday 29 March 2015

Spring has sprung

Hi Everyone,

So it is officially springtime here in the UK now - the clocks changed last night!

So today I spent the afternoon in my craftroom - here is a card I made for my husband for our 3rd wedding anniversary which is on Tuesday:

The starting point was a piece of 6x6 mountboard - I used Paperartsy Grunge Paste through their PS005 stencil by Lin Brown:

I used a Fresco paint mixture of Caribbean Sea and Banana for the green background, then added bits of the same two colours as they were plus a touch of Bougainvillea also over the top of the grunge paste:

I sanded the whole piece back, it is now lovely and smooth:

The two hares from Crafty Individuals plate CI-372 were stamped onto some old book paper and then again for their hats and painted with Fresco Old Gold, all cut out and layered up.

The border was added using gold and white embossing powder over some glue stick swiped along the edges:

The black stamping straight onto the background is our wedding anniversary date which is from Paperartsy stamp plate HPXT06.

I wanted to add a heart but didn't want it to be too girly so I found this one in my stash - it was very shiny silver. I gave it a couple of coats of Slate Fresco paint and then added Renaissance Treasure Gold wax and buffed it, then added it using some black waxed thread. I like how it has a rustic feel to it:

I then attached the mountboard onto a 7x7 black cardblank - luckily I don't need to post it as it is quite thick and heavy :)

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Paperartsy: Grunge Paste - click HERE to visit their blog

Crafty Individuals: The Animal World - click HERE to visit the blog

That's Crafty: Gold and Silver Challenge - click HERE to visit the blog

Thanks for looking!

Claire xx

 

15 comments:

  1. Lovely vivid spring green colours, and I always think of those two as Hares - so they're perfect for March. Congratulations on your anniversary - hope you have fun celebrating.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely, Claire. I love the paint blending over the Grunge Paste and the hares look superb stamped on book text! Happy Anniversary too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, well it has to be, it's green!! Happy Anniversary to you both xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely fresh card Claire! Beautiful card for your anniversary! Congratulations and many more! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful anniversary card Claire, hope you both have a fabulous day Tuesday.

    Hope you enter your card into our Mixed Media World challenge too!

    Mo:-)
    DT MMW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful anniversary card Claire, beautiful colours and sweet rabbits. May your Anniversary be Happy and Grand. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary when it comes. Love the way you have blended your colours in the background, just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely springtime card! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary Claire! A lovely spring card. I love the flowers made with the grunge paste.
    Thanks for joining in CI Challenge this month.
    Bises,
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very cheerful and happy Anniversary card, I'm sure your husband will love it. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge for March. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card Claire, the details like the little heart are gorgeous, happy anniversary to you and your husband!! Crafty hugs, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is adorable, I love the banana and the Caribbean sea and the hares on the text paper. I hope you both had a very happy day yesterday,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fab idea for an anniversary card - I always really struggle for ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely, everything fits in perfectly - colours, theme and texture its great! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's beautiful!!! I've never done embossing powder over glue stick, I really like the effect!!!

    ReplyDelete