Sunday 31 May 2015

Flower Power

Hello and welcome to my blog today!

I have been busy in my craft room this morning and have a card to share:

I used thick cartridge paper as my base and did the wrinkle free distress technique for the background using Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers.

Added a bit of stencilling - Squeezed Lemonade through the Tim Holtz rays stencil and White Linen Dylusions paint through one of Dyan's harlequin type stencil.

I stamped the flowers from the Tim Holtz flower garden set onto my background and then stamped the heads again onto another piece of cartridge paper.

I coloured the flower with distress markers, cut the heads out and layered onto the card using glossy accents for a smidge of dimension.

I stamped the sentiment from Dina Wakely and added the TH butterfly washi tape.

To finish I distressed the edges of the paper, matted onto dark brown linen effect card and then onto a 7x7 cream card blank.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

  • A Vintage Journey - where Astrid has chosen the theme of Spring Colours. You can visit the blog HERE.
  • The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog - the current theme there is May Flowers. Hop on over HERE to visit them.

Thanks for stopping by today,

Claire x

 

 

12 comments:

  1. Love the distressed look to this card Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was surprised when I saw Tim launch flowers, but they are gorgeous and so is your card!! fabulous background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - love the soft color palette and the dimension of the flowers. Love that stamp set! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
    http://www.lynnkopas.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. I love these flowers and the composition on your card is terrific! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Claire. I love these flowers and the background looks fabulous.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Claire. I love these flowers and the background looks fabulous.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! Love the rays - they really pop on the page! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Mixed Media Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that's so pretty. Love the inky background, and the colouring on the flowers is just beautiful. The tissue tape works so well to give textural detail - love it.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card Claire, you have used my favourite stamp from the set too! I love the wonderful background you created too. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the colorful background and the flowers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and pretty, Claire! The colors in the background are so lovely for those flowers! Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card! Such pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete