Saturday 8 August 2015

Calendar Challenge - August

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for dropping in today!

So over on Darcy Wilkinson's blog Art and Sole she is doing a calendar challenge for the whole of 2015 - to find out more about it click HERE.

So for August the challenge is:

1.. Keep a part of the original picture and incorporate that into your design

2, Technique - Use found objects to stamp with

3. Add – a silhouette

4. Blog your calendar page and link up from August 1st 2015


So here is my calendar before I altered it:

And here is my altered version:

I started by using white gesso to block out the Buddha then blended the following Fresco paints for the background: Mermaid, Caribbean Sea, Southern Skies, Guacamole and Limelight.

I wanted to keep that lovely cracked background around the outside as my original calendar part.

Next I added my stamping using these found objects:

I used Frescos in Candy Floss and Zesty Zing with the bubble wrap and then the lids were used with black and white gesso:

Next for my poppies - I used Little Black Dress with a stencil which I believe is by That Special Touch.

Then I added a variety of tissue tapes by Tim Holtz for them to stand on and added some shading using a grey Pitt pen.

A smudgy border was added using Little Black Dress and Snowflake paints before flicking some white splatters over the whole thing.

I'm entering my calendar over at Art and Sole for the August Calender Challenge HERE.

I'm also entering over at Paperartsy as their current theme is flowers - find all the info HERE.

Thanks for looking,

Claire x

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this-the colour blending is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh i love those stencilled flowers, they really pop on the background beautifully.

    ReplyDelete