Tuesday 18 August 2015

Everything Has Beauty

There is a new theme over on the Paperartsy blog this fortnight - gels and mediums. My project was very much inspired by Sue Carrington's project which you can see here.

I've used a paper mâché hanging board as my base and covered it with torn book pages using glue and seal to stick the pages and also over the top to seal them:-

I gave it a light coat of Buff Fresco paint to tone down the text a bit:-

Next I used a Lin Brown stencil with some Prima graphite texture paste - it is really thick and sandy and has a great sparkle in it (one of my cats was very interested in the paste lol):-

Next I painted some smoothy card with Lavender Fresco paint and then another piece with Tinned Peas. I stamped and cut out the images from a Lin Brown plate then added dimension using Eggplant and Limelight Fresco paints.

The flower petals were coated with Paperartsy metallic glaze, shaped then layered and fastened with a brad.

I added some extra stamping on the board using a couple of Finnabair texture stamps in smokey grey versafine, then edged the board with walnut stain distress ink.

 

I layered all the pieces onto the board then added the lace along the bottom and the small talk sticker.

A couple of additional photos:-

To see all the other entries for the challenge and the design team makes hop over HERE to the Paperartsy blog.

Claire xx

 

8 comments:

  1. Oooh wow, this looks fab, not see that before xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Claire - might have to get some of that graphite paste, lol! Love the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really striking, love the graphite paste x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Love the texture with graphite paste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hanging! Fab the book page background and great technique of the Lin's stenciling flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really pretty Claire, I am sure I have some of that paste somewhere x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great take on Sue's project, more clean, more subtle, but just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very striking, that graphite paste is gorgeous - x

    ReplyDelete