Monday 3 August 2015

Show Your Face - Inspired by Nika Rouss

Hello,

Over on Kim Dellow's blog she hosts a weekly Friday event called Show Your Face. I've managed to join in a few times previously but for the month of August Kim has asked that we draw a face inspired by somebody else.

So a while ago I discovered Nika on YouTube - she does some wonderful mixed media/art journal style videos - but I just loved this recent one of hers and decided to have a go myself at doing a face in her style. Here is Nika's video:

So here is my go at creating a face inspired by Nika:

I used Paperartsy Fresco paints in the following colours: Caribbean Sea, Prawn, Tangerine Twist, Little Black Dress, Snowflake and Limelight.

I drew her with a Stabilo All Black pencil and used stencils by Paperartsy and TCW. Also I used a Lin Brown stamp from ELB15.

Her lips and eye were coloured using watercolour pencils and the splatters were done with a white Posca pen.

Loads of people have linked up to play along over on Kim's blog so please do take a look at some of the wonderful faces people have created - just click HERE

Thanks for looking,

Claire x

 

7 comments:

  1. She is mesmerising! A beautiful, delicate appearance yet at the same time there is strength in her gaze.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors and combinations to accent her beautiful face are just stunning! Wonderful journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful done! I love Nika in Wonderland's Channel as well- great art !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Claire, thanks for the link to Nika's youtube I popped over and had a look, great inspiration. Thanks for joining in #ShareYourFace and for the shout out too. Kx

    ReplyDelete