Thursday 27 August 2015

Wonderful Weekend Workshop

Last weekend I spent a lovely two whole days with the very talented Birgit Koopen at Wynyard - the workshop was hosted by the super organised Sue Tucker.

So on the Saturday we created two different sized canvasses. We started out decorating a few sheets of deli paper to use as a collage:

Then we used these on our canvassess along with some Carrabelle studio stamps and Liquitex paints and inks (this first canvas my fave make from the weekend!):

Loved some of these Carrabelle studio stamps - had to buy myself a few lol!

Then we were back again on the Sunday to learn various art journalling techniques and how to use up any left over paints and ink and wotnot to stop wasting our supplies!!

So we did a huge number of backgrounds - again we used the Liquitex products and Carrabelle Studio stamps and stencils.

We did complete a few pages:

And here are just a few of the backgrounds I have in my journal to work on another time but I really do have a whole ton of them!!

Overall it was a fab weekend and I'm really pleased with everything I created and all the new techniques I learnt :)

Thanks for looking,

Claire xx

 

3 comments:

  1. It certainly looks a whole load of fun - love both your canvasses (but especially your own favourite!) and your background pages are fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time and I love everything you created. Your canvases are gorgeous!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed it, learnt something, but most of all, had fun xx

    ReplyDelete