Sunday 17 April 2016

Paperartsy Challenge - Resists

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I blogged as my mojo seems to have been on holiday lol!

But today I made some cards to join in with the current challenge over on the Paperartsy blog which is resists. This week I also watched Kim Dellow on YouTube where she was demonstrating how to create a faux printed look which has totally inspired these cards.

So here are my finished cards - I made three of them:

I remembered to take a few in progress pics today!

Started my masking off the edges of my white card squares with washi tape. Then to create my resist I used Vaseline through a few stencils:

Then I added Paperartsy Fresco Finish paint with an old card, smearing it on. Unfortunately the Vaseline also went everywhere but you can still see the resist which is good!

 
I created masks from Kim Dellow's two stamp sets and used them to add paint through onto the background before stamping over them using black archival.
 

Then to finish them I added the sentiment, which is from a JOFY stamp set, and then mounted onto black card before adding to card blanks.

 
 
 

Really enjoyed this way of creating and will definately be trying it out again in the future. Thank you Kim for sharing it - if you haven't been before Kim has a wonderful blog full of inspiration which you can find HERE.

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire xx

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8 comments:

  1. Your background look fab Claire and I love how bold your colours are on the main images xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look great - really col looking cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw that same video .. great job you've made of your take on the vid too

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are totally gorgeous Claire. I love the simplicity of them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw Kim's video too and it's a great way to get artistic results quickly! Your cards all look very good, like expensive modern art prints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness Claire! I LOVE these to bits! They look fantastic! Thanks for all the shout outs too :) Craftyfield is right, they do look like expensive modern prints ADORE! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh love these cards claire xx

    ReplyDelete